Welcome to my Blog

Read and Enjoy with Caution. God Bless.

Sunday, August 1, 2010

The Sound of Music



The play started and it was very interesting to see the difference in production in the plays that I've seen on Broadway in New York and also plays at the Arlene Schnizter in Portland, Or. The sound system wasn't as good and it was sometimes hard to hear the actress. The microphones weren't hidden really, they were like large headphones which made it a bit awkward for the actress to not move her head so hard. I'd never seen the play by Rogers and Hammerstein so I didn't even know what to expect from each of the scenes. One thing I did notice were the very flamboyant men in black in the background, doing weird dances with each other. This probably could have been eliminated from the scenes, I could hardly focus. I did adore the singing and I absolutely adored the cute little girl who was the youngest of the bunch. Of course they are supposed to make her the cutest, she reminded me of someone and she had no two front teeth, i couldn't help but want to stay even longer so I could hear her speak more. Her voice was so young and cute... just adorable!! All in all it made me actually want to go see the original play, I'm glad I saw the Ghanaian version, I don't want to be a critic and talk about every bad thing I noticed in the play, because I'm just thankful for the awesome experience of being in Ghana and actually being able to see a production while I'm here. I'd say 20 GH Cedis well spent!

No comments:

Post a Comment