Welcome to my Blog

Read and Enjoy with Caution. God Bless.

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Glo and Vodafone

'Glo'
This is a phone company that has not released their services to the Ghanaians because they ran out of funding trying to advertise so much around the country. I feel like the billboards that I see every time I’m driving are so cheesy and not very persuasive at all. The ads are on big green billboards with people pointing out at you with the tagline or slogan, “rule your world.” I understand that the ad is trying to tell you that with your phone provider, glo, you are able to rule your world and connect better with others around you. The people in the ads are not really lively or they look really over the top happy and there isn’t a good medium. It’s really that the people are obviously people of color and dark skin and that is something that I rarely see in the United States. Most people are lighter skin or fair skin and it’s just part of what society wants to see.

'30 minutes 30 Pesewas'
These mini TV episodes are very cheesy. I watched these when I went to MMRS- Ogilvy ad agency, they are the ones that created and produced the ads that are on the TV’s and the radios. There are about 9 mini episodes about this guy and this girl who are being set up by their friends to meet with each other. They over exaggerate the fact that they are able to talk as long as they want and the guy is trying to meet the girl at the coffee shop. In between all of this, she is asking him to do all these favors for her and he is trying to accomplish it all while still staying on the phone. In the last episode they finally see each other and they enjoy the company of one another, and there friends walk in and they are pleased to see the connection that they’ve made. I think the initial reasoning behind the commercial was a good one but when it was actually produced and aired it didn’t seem real and it was actually comical in the since that it was so cheesy. I probably wouldn’t be inclined to watch the ads but I definitely would use the talk time because it’s so cheap.

No comments:

Post a Comment