Welcome to my Blog

Read and Enjoy with Caution. God Bless.

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Media Log entry 3+4

Cigarettes are clearly bad
On every cigarette package is a large note that says cigarettes are very harmful and can cause lung cancer. There are some that say that Cigarettes kill and are harmful. This is quite disturbing, I wouldn’t want to pick up a package and have to go through the check stand line I’ve feel so awkward. I’ve learned that smoking isn’t as common practice here as it is in the states. You can buy two cigarettes on the street for 5
Pesewas. That’s like 5 cents or maybe even less than that in the states. It seems as though it is very frowned upon here and I wouldn’t doubt that this type of advertising scares people out of smoking.

God is Real
I’m not sure if I’d call them bumper stickers or words on cars, or just a meaningful message on random taxis. Seven times out of ten. I’ll see a taxi and on the back of it, I’ll have a reference to God, which I think is so powerful. This country has a big religious influence, Christianity and Muslim and I’m sure a couple more. People aren’t afraid to voice their opinions about religion here, which I think is so amazing. I have yet to see a bumper sticker that contradicts God’s existence or heckles anyone for being of a particular religion. When I say that these aren’t quite bumper stickers, I mean that the words are very largely printed on the back windows of these taxis. Every time I get into one I just feel like God has put a hedge of protection around these vehicles and I will be safe. The driving here is terrible so I do a lot of praying.

No comments:

Post a Comment